Stabilizing Solutions: "Hard to Hoop" Items Such as Shirt Collars, Cuffs, Napkin Edges, Socks, Tote Bags, Pocet Tops, Ties Etc..
Floriani Perfect Stick® or Wet N Stick Tearaway are both acceptable stabilizers for theses projects.
To use Perfect Stick®:
- Place one piece of Perfect Stick Tearaway®, paper side up, into the embroidery frame and make sure it is "tambourine skin" tight.
- Score the paper with a straight pin or scissor tip and peel back the protective paper to expose the sticky surface.
- Smooth the item to be embroidered into place.
- Place the embroidery hoop on the machine and center the design.
- Use a topping if necessary and secure the corners.
- Stitch the design.
- To remove Perfect Stick Tearaway®, dampen the back of the embroidery with a wet cloth or sponge. Allow the moisture to penetrate for 10 seconds and then tear away the stabilizer.
On average, Floriani Perfect Stick® Tearaway should support a design with no more than 10,000 stitches and/or around 4" x 5" in size. If the design has a higher stitch count, simply "float" a square of Floriani Stitch N Wash TearAway between the hoop and the bed of the machine to support the additional stitches.
**Perfect Stick® is also available in a cutaway version. If sticking down a sweater knit, neoprene, leather, vinyl, pleather, oil cloth - the Cutaway version will protect the textile.
To use Wet N Stick®:
- Place one piece of Wet N Stick®, shiny side up, into the hoop and make sure it is "tambourine skin" tight.
- Apply a small amount of water to each corner and one drop in the center using a foam paint brush, envelope sealer, or sponge. Do not spritz or mist the water. Spread the water over the surface of the stabilizer with your finger and you will feel it become tacky almost instantly.
- Immediately apply the item to be embroidered to the hooped stabilizer and smooth out any wrinkles. Allow a few seconds for the item to adhere to the stabilizer so that it doesn't shift during the embroidery process.
- Complete the embroidery as normal.
- After the design is done simply tear away the Wet N Stick®.
*Note: If you accidentally used too much water and find the item wants to be "as one" with the stabilizer simply lift the corner of the item, re-wet the stabilizer at the glue line and peel the item back as the "sticky" becomes activated again.
On average, Floriani Wet N Stick® should support a design with no more than 10,000 stitches and/or around 4" x 5" in size. If the design has a higher stitch count, simply "float" a square of Floriani Medium TearAway between the hoop and the bed of the machine to support the additional stitches. And don't forget your topping if working with uneven textures!