This Design Placement Paper was created to give you a visual guide for accurate placement of your embroidery designs. Template Tearaway® can be used multiple times and gives you the confidence needed for multi-hoop embroidery or placing designs in confined areas with ease!
- Load one sheet of Template Tearaway® in your ink jet printer’s paper tray.
- Print the design template from your embroidery software. *Note – Most embroidery software settings can be adjusted to include a light print of the actual design, cross hairs running through the center of the design to aid in alignment and a line around the entire perimeter of the design to show the outer most stitching points.
- Trim Template Tearaway® if desired to the outer perimeter of the printed design. (Most software has the option to print a square around the design to show the outer most stitching points) If the design does not have an obvious up/down you will need to mark it with a pen.
- Peel back the release paper to expose the sticky surface.
- Stick Template Tearaway® to the fabric surface in the desired position, re-position if needed. *Note – It is not necessary to use excess pressure to stick the template – just lightly position the template on the surface of the fabric. This will make it much easier to remove or reposition the template.
- Hoop the item and try to align the cross hairs of the template with the inner hoops centering marks as closely as possible. *Tip – Place a small piece of Wonder Tape (double side sticky water soluble tape) on the underside of the inner hoop – this will hold the frame to the garment while you slide the outer frame into place.
- Once the item is hooped, place the embroidery frame on the machine – use the machines centering feature to move the hoop so that the needle will drop into the printed center cross-hairs of the template.
- Remove the template and re-adhere it to the shiny side of the release paper to use again.
FTT (25 PRINTABLE 8 ½” X 11” SHEETS)
**Remember that Template Tearaway® is to be used as a visual guide only – Do NOT Stitch Through Template Tearaway®!