Stabilizing Solutions: Leather – Pleather, Vinyl, Ultra Suede, Neoprene, Non-Fibrous Materials
There are many material types that fall into this category, even paper! There are multiple challenges with adding embroidery or stitched embellishment to these materials.
*The material can be damaged/marked if we try to place it in the embroidery frame.
*The material can perforate if we use a dense embroidery or satin type stitch.
*In most cases, the material cannot be “wet”. This narrows our stabilizer choices.
*In most cases, the material cannot be in contact with an iron.
The stabilizer solution for all of the above is Floriani Perfect Stick® Cutaway. This product has a very unique needle friendly adhesive applied to our 2oz cutaway base stabilizer. The sticky surface will hold the material secure in the embroidery frame while the machine stitches. The cutaway base will prevent the needle from perforating the material and will stay within the design for the life of the garment.
To use Floriani Perfect Stick® Cutaway:
- Place one piece of Perfect Stick® Cutaway, paper side up, into the hoop and make sure it is “tambourine skin” tight.
- Score the protective paper with a straight pin or scissor tip. Peel back the paper and expose the sticky surface.
- Apply the item to be embroidered to the hooped stabilizer and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Position a topping or floater for extra stabilization if desired or needed.
- Complete the embroidery as normal.
- After the design is complete, cut away the remaining Perfect Stick® from around the design.
On average, Floriani Perfect Stick® Cutaway should support a design with no more than 12,000 stitches and/or around 4″ x 5″ in size. If the design has a higher stitch count, simply “float” a square of Floriani Medium TearAway between the hoop and the bed of the machine to support the additional stitches.